Thursday, July 31, 2008

RA today!!

Mark and I got a call from Anna, our Family Coordinator at AWAA, this afternoon as we rolled down I-95, on our way to Florida for a super-quick trip to see my parents and grandparents.  

We have our referral approval (otherwise known as the Letter of Approval) from the CCAA to adopt Anna Kathryn!!!!

This is the long-awaited, officially official paperwork that says it's all systems go from here on out. The countdown begins for our Travel Approval now.  This could arrive as early as 4 weeks from now, or as long as a couple of months (but I truly do not think it will take that long.  No, it's not just my expectant-mama optimism, but the pattern for some other families who were reviewed when they were matched.)  We have about 147,000 things to do before we leave, but if someone said that we could get on a plane to China tomorrow, you bet I'd be on it.  

So, since we are officially official, it is my absolute joy to share Anna Kathryn's beautiful face with the world:  









9 comments:

Kristi said...

WOW! I'm not sure which to be more excited about ~ how beautiful your daughter is, or how amazingly fast your RA has come! Congratulations!

Heather said...

She is truly beautiful. Congratulations!!!!!

Anonymous said...

So glad you made it through this stage! Have fun visiting the family.

Reagan

Anonymous said...

Kimmie and Mrk---she is beautiful. Looks like she has on one of Maggie's old outfits! How many layers are there? I know the excitement is building. Maybe you and your mom can get in some good shopping.

Maggie's g'ma aka karen

Anonymous said...

She is SO adorable and snuggable! Clearly she is saying, "Come help me out of all these layers, Mama!"

I am glad this part of the process is moving so quickly for you!

Anonymous said...

Isn't it amazing how they keep these kids all bundled up?!?!? But those pictures were probably taken in March, huh? All the clothes can't hide how beautiful she is! Now that everything is all official, maybe you can get some more recent photos. Have fun shopping with your mom!

Barb

Renee Swope said...

Hey girl! It's so great to hear from you. I am so excited for you and your little bundle of love from China. She is beautiful. I know you can't wait to travel and bring her home. I do hope all of that goes through smoothly and quickly. I'll be praying for the financial provision too!

Thanks for stopping by my blog. We so SO excited to have that dossier done. I thought we'd never finish it!

Have a wonderful weekend!
Renee

The Gang's Momma! said...

Oh, she is beautiful! Congrats on her LOA - we got ours too on Thursday. What a great day for so many of us! Congrats again!

Anonymous said...

She is just beautiful!! just can't wait either to see her. Looking back on the "Maggie" saga, it seems it went so quickly once the "approval" arrived and now it's time for Ann Kathryn. Congratulations

ReRe