Thursday, April 23, 2009

Spring Break part 2: A Tea Party

We are so blessed to have been able to spend two days of our visit with my grandparents. Mamapa and Grandaddy are the foundation of our family and we are blessed by their leadership and love for all of us!  We haven't seen them since Christmas, so it was especially nice to have time now to visit with them.  They of course noticed right away how much Anna Kathryn has changed and grown up since Christmas-- she is now walking (often running), talking more, and definitely wants her own way in things!  She had a terrific time playing with and entertaining them. 

One of my favorite family stories is about the day my younger sister was born.  I was 2 1/2 them and spent the day with Mamapa while my mom labored at the hospital with my dad alongside her. Family lore has it that I hosted an all day tea party, and  Mamapa drank cup after cup of imaginary tea to entertain me.   If it had been real tea she would have been floating away by the day's end!

Anna Kathryn's favorite toy right now is her tea set (complete with a British-voiced singing tea pot), so she carried on the family tradition by having a tea party of her own with Mamapa and Grandaddy.  They enthusiastically joined in the fun!

Would you like a spot of tea?

I'll pour, Granddaddy!

Try the cakes, too; I hear the chocolate is the tastiest.

Mamapa, I think you need a refill.

This tea is delicious!

Why, I will take another cup, thank you!  This stuff's better than apple juice!

A happy hostess and beloved great-granddaughter.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

I just wish I could reach through the computer and digital camera and squeeze those little cheeks in the last picture! Anna Kathryn is so precious!

The Gang's Momma! said...

Toooo sweet! I really must look for a tea set like that. Li'l Empress is way into imaginary play now.

Fun coincidence: I posted a video of Li'l E playing with my grandmother today. Sooo thankful for great grandmothers :) Makes me wish all four of my grandparents were alive together to see her!

E said...

You're right...AK is getting so big. Her hair is so long and lovely. Still working on the Noodle's hair. Glad to hear the visit was so special :)