Wednesday, May 7, 2008

WFMW: Cheap fix!


This week WFMW is a special themed edition:  What Doesn't Work for Me.  For me? What doesn't work is overpaying for ridiculously overpriced computer accessories (or anything that is not clothing, or shoes.  Those, I will spend on.).  

I am well known as a total klutz to my family and friends.  Recently, I lived up to my reputation by knocking into and tripping over the power adapter for my beloved MacBook, which was plugged into the wall.  Naturally, the plug was broken but not a total loss, so I tried to nurse it along by oh-so-carefully putting the plug and the cover back together every time I used the laptop and plugged in the power cord.  This sort of worked for about a week.  I realized I had to get a new power adapter before I zapped myself.  

I got a nasty surprise on the Apple web site, though, when I went to see how much they cost:  $79.00.  There was no way I was going to pay that much.  So, I went to Wal-Mart, bought a $3.00 roll of electrical tape, and had DH tape it up.  It's not pretty at all, (actually it's rather tacky)  but it's a cheap fix, and that's what works for me!  

Go to Rocks in My Dryer for more WFMW tips!

No comments: